“If the shoe fits..” as they say. Sometimes, it fits fine, but still pinches or blisters, and that’s not fun. Plus there’s winter dryness! I have five phenomenal (tried and tested) ProTips to save your feet:
- Pantyhose or Knee-Highs are a lifesaver!! Knee-highs work both in summer and winter, but only with pants & jeans, but not so well with dresses or skirts. Knee highs are a miracle and my best find ever!! (introduced to me by my mom, actually). Here’s a link to get your L’eggs Knee-highs (in Suntan, Nude, Off-black, Black) and Hanes Pantyhose (Women’s Set of 3 Silk Reflections Control Top Sheer Toe Pantyhose. In 14 colors!)
- Moisturizer.Burt’s Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion. Keep one in your bag/ clutch for the evening; those little hotel lotions come in handy here. If you’re out and about in those gorgeous heels that you just don’t wear that often, carry a little tube and apply every hour or every time you go to the powder room. I sometimes carry Vaseline Lip Jelly to apply to a small area (with my fingertip) where I know the shoe/ sandal has bothered me in the past.
- Regular Pedicures – at home! Naturalico rechargeable electric callus remover is amazing. We often complain about not having enough time for ‘stuff’ like this. I see it as therapeutic; it’s good for the body and soul. It’s even like meditation as one is forced to do nothing except take the time off and focus on oneself. You can think – think about your day, about the next day – plan a weekly menu, anything really. Follow with a warm bath with Dr Teal’s Pure Epsom Salt Soaking Solution (comes in Detoxify & Energize with Ginger & Clay, Sooth & Sleep with Lavender or Pre & Post Work out. Once a week – that’s all – once a week. Your body and mind will thank you for it.
- Moisturize and Massage your feet before bed. It increases blood circulation and calms the mind. Revitalize your feet and reduce stress with one 5-minute ritual. You can use any oil, but I like this one: Peppermint, Rosemary & Eucalyptus Foot & Massage Cream, for its anti-inflammatory properties and fresh fragrance.
- It’s a Wrap! Winter season is awful for dryness. Keep your feet protected by applying a good moisturizer before bed, and wear a pair of your favorite fuzzy socks, at least once a week (everyday if you have especially cracked feet). O’Keeffe’s Foot Cream is AMAZING!! And here’s my favorite wool socks by SmartWool – a MUST if you’re a hiker/ skier/ boarder. Comes in four colors.
All products are available on Amazon Prime. Hooray!
Happy dancing/ walking/ living!! 💃🏻
A few products from the post: